108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: WLM with Serviceguard and TiCAP

SOLVED
Go to solution
Lana Klosterman
Occasional Contributor

WLM with Serviceguard and TiCAP

WLM has been setup in the active/passive mode to only turn on additional CPU's on the passive node using the fixed allocation policy. All of that is working fine. What is not working is seeing the additional CPU's active on that passive node in glance. Glance only shows CPU 100% when it should be CPU 200% because WLM added a second CPU. Any ideas why glance is miss reporting?
5 REPLIES 5

Not at a system right now, but if I recall correctly, 'glance' always stays at 100% regardless of the number of CPUs - isn't it 'top' that changes to 200%, 300% etc as more CPUs are in a system...

Or maybe I'm just getting forgetful.

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
Lana Klosterman
Occasional Contributor

Not true. Before introducing WLM into the mix we've been doing benchmark tests to determine how many CPU's the customer should out right purchase and than keep the rest as TiCAP and during those tests when we issued the icapmodify to turn on CPU's glance reflected the changes almost immediatley.
Solution

Lana,

So I'm at a system with iCAP now and if I run glance, the bar for CPU always stays at 100%. However if I run 'glance -c' and look at the number of active CPUs at the bottom of the page, this changes as WLM (or in my case gWLM) moves CPUs around.

Please see attached image...

HTH

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
Mark Coffey_2
Advisor

Both WLM and gWLM use the icapmodify command to activate/deactive TiCAP processors, so any updates seen in Glance as a result of running an icapmodify should show up with WLM/gWLM as well.
Lana Klosterman
Occasional Contributor

Duncan & Mark - good tip on where to look in glance to see the WLM CPU's using glance -c. Problem is my glance -c still reports only 1 CPU. This is 11.23 on an rx8640????