4259 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 3PAR 7200 WS-API for Events

AbhishekDanej
Occasional Visitor

3PAR 7200 WS-API for Events

Hi Experts,

I want to pull the events of my 3par 7200 into my monitoring solution using WSAPI. Now as per one document, we must check ws api status on CLI, so i can see it is working as below. I can even fire some REST commands and get system info etc. However i'm not able to pull events using the API [https://<storage_system>:8080/api/v1/eventlog]. When i use this, i get message 501 Not Implemented. The guide that im refering to is for API 1.6.3, whereas my command below gives 1.5.3. So i'm supposing that my WSAPI/3par OS version is below. Can someone help me with the API to get events or point me to the WSAPI guide for version 1.5.3 ? Thanks!

3PAR8200 cli% showwsapi
-Service- -State- -HTTP_State- HTTP_Port -HTTPS_State- HTTPS_Port -Version- -----------API_URL-----------
Enabled Active Enabled 8008 Enabled 8080 1.5.3 https://1x.0.y.30:8080/api/v1

7 REPLIES 7

@AbhishekDanej 

It seems whatever API that you are using to use wsapi service of 3PAR to capture events not supported with current Inform OS version installed in your 3PAR as that is showing wsapi version as 1.5.3 whereas you are requesting from version 1.6.3.

As per my understaning anything when not supported then only you will get "501 Not Implemented" error message.

You can refer the below HPE 3PAR Web  Services API 1.6.4 Developer Guide to get more details on this,

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c03606339

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
AbhishekDanej
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the prompt response Subhajit. Yes, i'm also feel the same, that probably that API is not supported by my OS version 1.5.3, hence the error message.

Also, that is the document which i've been refering..there it talks about the /eventlog API. Is there a link to the 1.5.3 WSAPI doc? I tried searching, but couldn't locate it. My 3PAR is 8200 model (instead of the incorrect title of my post 7200).

Regards,

Abhishek

@AbhishekDanej 

I don't think WSAPI 1.5 guide available anymore because that was published long back in 2015. Code got updated so everyone started using latest version only.

I think you are using 3PAR 8200 with Inform OS 3.2.2 MU6 and that's why you still see wsapi version 1.5.3

If you update your Inform OS version to 3.3.1 MU3 then your wsapi version will get updated to version 1.6.3

Below is an example of 3.3.1 MU3 system where wsapi version 1.6.3

XXXXX cli% showversion
Release version 3.3.1 (MU3)
Patches: P49,P50,P58,P61,P77,P78

Component Name Version
CLI Server 3.3.1 (P77)
CLI Client 3.3.1
System Manager 3.3.1 (P77)
Kernel 3.3.1 (MU3)
TPD Kernel Code 3.3.1 (MU3)
TPD Kernel Patch 3.3.1 (P77)

XXXXX cli% showwsapi
-Service- -State- -HTTP_State- HTTP_Port -HTTPS_State- HTTPS_Port -Version- -------------API_URL-------------
Enabled    Active   Enabled     8008       Enabled       8080       1.6.3    https://<xx.xx.xx.xx>:8080/api/v1

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
AbhishekDanej
Occasional Visitor

Hi Subhajit,

I ran the command and here is the output. Thanks for the tip. Is the OS upgrade activity straight forward/simple/complex? I do not manage it, but this customer showcase type env, self managed by our team (with shared responisbility). Hence checking feasiblity or complexity involved. Else I'll find another way to get health/monitoring data from ssh or some other way.

3PAR8200 cli% showversion
Release version 3.2.2 (MU4)
Patches: P50,P51,P54

Component Name Version
CLI Server 3.2.2 (P51)
CLI Client 3.2.2
System Manager 3.2.2 (P54)
Kernel 3.2.2 (MU4)
TPD Kernel Code 3.2.2 (MU4)

@AbhishekDanej 

Inform OS update is not straight forward activity. HPE have dedicated OS update team who does it for customers. There are pre-checks to be done before go for the update.

In general you can run below command and that will tell you if the system is ready to go for online update or not,

checkupgrade

You can also check below command to confirm if multipath properly configured for the hosts connected to this 3PAR,

showhost -pathsum

For rest better to log call with HPE and take help from OS update team.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
AbhishekDanej
Occasional Visitor

Thanks Subhajit for detailed and prompt responses! Will take it up internally.

Regards,

Abhishek

Do you have any further outstanding query?

If you have no further query and you are satisfied with answers then kindly mark the forum as resolved so that everyone will get the update who are all following your forum.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo