4756 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 3PAR : refresh Available paths ?

stephnane_
Occasional Contributor

3PAR : refresh Available paths ?

Hi.

There was a mistake in zoning configuration (one zone was missing), between 3PAR and an AIX server. I repair this, but on 3PAR side, there is still 7 available paths for all VLUNs where it must be 8.

I ran cfgmgr on AIX server.

I'm new with 3PAR, I don't know if available paths (for a VLUN)  are automatically detected or if we have to manually add them ?

Could we "rescan" for available paths ?

Tks.

5 REPLIES 5
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

If the path is an additional path for a WWN already associated with the host, nothing needs to be done.

It sounds like you may have missed a step on the SAN fabric. When you created the zone, did you add it to the configuration or zone set? If so, did you enable/make it active?

----------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

stephnane_
Occasional Contributor

I did all theses steps ...

But If you say that Available paths are automatically updated, I know where I will stop to search.

Tks.

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

One other thing: Are you just looking in the 3PAR Management Console, or are you looking at the host via the CLI? Using the CLI or interactive SSH connection (for example, PuTTY), issue the command "showhost <host_name>" and see how many paths are displayed. Once in a while, the Management Console does not show the latest information relative to the command line. It becomes necessary to exit and restart the Management Console.

----------

If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

stephnane_
Occasional Contributor

thank you for this advice, but I still don't see the missing path.

I'm checking all configuration from the OS to the 3PAR.

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

If the 3PAR doesn't see the path, it's more likely something in the SAN fabrics.

Are you using B-series (Brocade) SAN switches? If so, logon to each fabric using the switch's Web Tools. In Switch Admin, click on View Report, then save and zip them up and mail them to me along with the which host you're having the problem. Email them to me at missing3parpaths.ssmith3278 at mamber.net. When I have a minute I'll take a look...

Accept or Kudo