New Discussion юеВ

3PAR7400 CAGE1 (Loop Offline {0x10}) Cage 1 Degraded

SOLVED
Go to solution
CRD
Valued Contributor

3PAR7400 CAGE1 (Loop Offline {0x10}) Cage 1 Degraded

Good day

Just want to find out if anybody had this where a 3par array will report this alert but then immediately the alert state changes back to "resolved by system"

Had it on 2 cages similtaniously. Only happened recently it is not re-occuring, last time this happened was last year.

CAGE1 (Loop Offline {0x10}) Cage 1 Degraded

CAGE3 (Loop Offline {0x10}) Cage 3 Degraded

Completed checks on 3par and all is good, no hardware related issues, fans are also at low speed, not high or anything, PSU's all good, cabling looks good.

Just trying to determine if it is normal behaviour or is there suppose to be an underlying issue causing this perhaps.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
sbhat09
HPE Pro

Re: 3PAR7400 CAGE1 (Loop Offline {0x10}) Cage 1 Degraded

Hello @CRD,

Those may not be genuine alerts. Please run 'checkhealth' command from cli or do a checkhealth from SSMC. If you are not finding the issue in fresh checkhealth output, you can ignore/acknowledge those alerts.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of HPE.

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
CRD
Valued Contributor

Hi Srinivas

Thanks for the reply, yes i did do checkhealth in CLI and also the alerts automatically cleared in SSMC.

It does not show in CLI checkhealth as well.

Thanks for the help

sbhat09
HPE Pro
Solution

Hello @CRD,

Then the alerts are not about a genuine hardware issue.

You can ignore them.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of HPE.

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo