Did you mean: 

AO And VVOL

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Advisor

AO And VVOL

Hello Everybody

I am trying to find out how vvols work in conjunction with AO. In VMware I am asked to create my 3 tiers of storage via storage policy. This seems to work against AO.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: AO And VVOL

You've got it. You will want to create 3 CPGs for the vvol storage tiers (Gold, Silver, Bronze ?) that are not under AO control.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Highlighted
Advisor

Maybe I do not mean I'm right.
I wanted to know how to use these two solutions together.
The reason for this is that in our work environment, users specify the virtual machine priority. (Golden, silver, bronze) if that's not right.On the other hand, based on the rate of reference to the block, it determines whether it is hot or cold.Of course if I got it right.

Thank you

Highlighted
Solution

You will need to decide which method of control you want to use.
If you want to have users select a choice of tiers (gold, silver, bronze), then do not use AO with those CPGs.
Otherwise you set up a CPG with AO control, and the system chooses where the storage goes, not the users.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo