1745970 Members
4128 Online
108724 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Cannot designate 3PARs to particular racks

Sactown
Occasional Advisor

Cannot designate 3PARs to particular racks

3PAR 7400/8400 come in stadard HPE shock racks, yet you cannot designate which rack in your DC each is installed.

Older model F/T/V in their own 3PAR cabinets should be able to be added as well as they are just a tad shorter than the HP/E shock racks.

Feature request?

3 REPLIES 3
Mahesh202
HPE Pro

Re: Cannot designate 3PARs to particular racks

Hi Sactown

Thank you for comming on HPE Community Forums

I am afraid to say that, it is not recommended to try out Older model F/T/V in 3PAR Storeserv Cabinets or Vice Versa.

Regards
Mahesh202

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Sactown
Occasional Advisor

I do not want to PHYSICALLY rerack a 3PAR. I was stating that I cannot PLACE it in the DC layout tool in OneView.

Oneview isnt a mature product. I am now evaluationg HP/E SIM as I can add 3PAR, network and SAN switches to it.

AmRa
HPE Pro

Hi 

As you have posted few more topics with reference to OneView Rack Management, We request you to please raise a HPE support ticket with HPE technical team so that we will try address all highlighted issues regarding OneView Rack Management.

Please access below link to find the HPE technical support number to raise support case with HPE.

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/Getdocument.aspx?docname=A00039121ENW

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo