HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage
1752545 Members
4854 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Change Direct attach to fabric attach between 3par 8200 and c7000 blade enc with two virtual connect

owahid
Frequent Advisor

Change Direct attach to fabric attach between 3par 8200 and c7000 blade enc with two virtual connect

Hello

I Have a 3par 8200 storage with two controller nodes that direct atached to hp c7000 blade enclosure through two virual connect modules.

Two direct attached san fabric is configured on the virual connect ,

the first one use port x1, x2 in the bay one virual connect  , the second one use ports x1,x2 in bay two virual connect.

Only port x1 is active in both san fabric , Port x2 is standby in both san fabric.

I have an external SAN Switch(IBM) I want to connect the 3par to the virual connect modules of the blade enclosures through this SAN swich without any down time . what should I Do?

That because :

we want to migrate some VMs from the current 3par to another new 3par (Which also connected to the same external san sw) that migration using Hyper-V.

Connect a veaam backup server to the same external switch for backup the 3par over SAN not over LAN ?

Thanks

Dessin1.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
owahid
Frequent Advisor

Re: Change Direct attach to fabric attach between 3par 8200 and c7000 blade enc with two virtual con

Any one have any advice

Mahesh202
HPE Pro

Re: Change Direct attach to fabric attach between 3par 8200 and c7000 blade enc with two virtual con

Hi Owahid 

Thanks for using Community Forums.                    

Kindly refer from Page 13 onwards using the below mentioned link.

https://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c04448812-6.pdf

See if this helps..

Regards
Mahesh202

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo