1752419 Members
6702 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

improper eva to 3par online import configuration,

Erickson7
Occasional Visitor

improper eva to 3par online import configuration,

hello, i am migrating from eva 4400 to 3par 7000,  i followed up the step in  " EVA to 3PAR StoreServ Online Import Migration Guide"  i have command view 10.2 , 3 par OS 3.1.2, i can see the 3par as an destination storage and eva as source storage, i added the 3 par to eva as host, but in the wizard show me and error " improper eva to 3par online import configuration, no destination storage system is visible to the source storage system " i think that the problem could be the zonification in the san switch , i have configured the port in the 3 par storage as peer, but still i am not able to complete the wizard, any help please !!!

9 REPLIES 9
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: improper eva to 3par online import configuration,

Hi,

Hope this helps:

HP EVA Storage to HP 3PAR StoreServ migration checklist for Windows.

Click here for the video.

Reason:

• Please make sure zoning is proper and retry the operation.
• Please ensure 2 ports are configured as peer ports, each have to be partner ports.

Thank You!
I am a HP employee.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Siva_HP
Advisor

I hope the zone should contain EVA Port and 3PAR Port which is configured as Peer. Could u please chekc the same.

REgards,

Siva_HP

I work for HP
bergur

What do you mean by "each have to be partner ports" ?

Currently dealing with no Qualified EVA showing up.... have EVA 8400 XCS 11001100 and 3PAR 7400 2 nots 3.1.2 zoning is fine and verifyed, two ports set po peer, but no EVA showing up..

-Bergur
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Which 3PAR ports?
Would you capture the output from a "showport" command and paste/attach it?

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

RalfBecker
Established Member

Hi all,

what was the solution of this issue ? I get the same message with a 7200 (no additonal FC card). I found a powerpoint presentation from HP saying ports 1:1:1 and 0:1:2 need to be used for Peer Motion (or RCFC). But this ports are not partner ports. Which ports would you recommend to use on a 7200 w/o additional FC card  ?

Best Regards

Ralf

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: improper EVA to 3PAR online import configuration

>what was the solution of this issue?

There probably wasn't a solution since a showport output wasn't provided.

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

If you have an HP 3PAR StoreServ 7200 with only four FC ports and want to use Peer Motion, the current Best Practice is to have
the hosts on 0:1:1 and 1:1:2, and
the Peer Motion ports on 0:1:2 and 1:1:1.

Note in this configuration, Persistent Ports will be disabled. It is recommended to add the two additional FC HBA cards, then have
half the hosts on 0:1:1, 0:1:2, 1:1:1 and 1:1:2,
the other half on 0:2:1, 0:2:2, 1:2:1 and 1:2:2, and
the Peer Motion ports on 0:2:4 and 1:2:3.

Note: While I work for HP, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company.
----------
If my post was useful, click on my KUDOS! "White Star" !

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Emad Omar
Regular Advisor

Dears,

I need your help in configuring eva to 3par online import migration.

I read the last posts but still I did not find the correct answer for my concern.

In fact I have P6300 connected to two SAN Switches. Also I have a new HP 3PAR StoreServ 7200 with no additional FC cards. Only I have 4xFC 8Gb/s FC Ports integrated on nodes pair.

What I need to know how can I configure these ports; in order to run the EVA to 3PAR Online Import Migration tool considering that I have peer motion license valid for 180 days.

Can I configure ports 0:1:1 & 1:1:1 as peer zoned with each FP1while the two others 0:1:2 & 1:1:2 as host zoned with each FP2???

Please advsie.

Thanx. 

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

You could, however the normal practice is to have odd ports on one fabric and even ports on the other. With only two host ports, there's no benefit to using 0:1:2 & 1:1:2 as host zoned.

Configure 0:1:1 & 1:1:2 for peer and 0:1:2 & 1:1:1 as host ports. In any event, Persistent Ports will be disabled.

Note: While I work for HP, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company.
----------
If my post was useful, click on my KUDOS! "White Star" !

Accept or Kudo