HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage
1748010 Members
4801 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Modify SSMC "Exported Volumes Compare by Performance" to show all Virtual Volume instead of Top 30

Rapadila1
Occasional Advisor

Modify SSMC "Exported Volumes Compare by Performance" to show all Virtual Volume instead of Top 30

Hello,

sorry I'm new here. I have question about SSMC reporting.
I want to generate report IOPS,bandwitdh and servicetime for all Virtual Volume, but in the SSMC only can show top 32 maximum.

I need a week data of this report and export it to CSV.

is there a way to modify the template so I can get all the VV?

or may be we can use other way to get this data.?

Kindly need your advice on this.

Thank You,

7 REPLIES 7
sbhat09
HPE Pro

Re: Modify SSMC "Exported Volumes Compare by Performance" to show all Virtual Volume inst

Hi Rapadila,

SSMC reports support a week or more than that. This is how you can generate Virtual Volume performance reports (including IOPS, bandwidth and servicetime) and export to csv format:

Go to SSMC main menu

Select reports under system reporter

Actions -> create

Select report template (Virtual Volumes - Performance Statistics)

Select object (VV name) or all objects are selected by default

Select the report period

Report type - time interval

Time interval - custom date range

Sampling - *As per your requirement*

In Chart options, select IOPs / Service time / bandwidth or all.

Make required customization and create

After the report is created, go to actions dropdown and export to CSV.

Regards,

Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Rapadila1
Occasional Advisor

Re: Modify SSMC "Exported Volumes Compare by Performance" to show all Virtual Volume inst

Thanks alot for your response Srinivas.
but there are no option to change to all VV when you enable the "compare by". the max the ssmc can show only 32 VV.
if we did not enable the "compare by.", the report only show the total of the matrix only.  like below example:

Bandwidth       ServiceTIme         IOPS

500000                22                     23241

I want the CSV generate, each VV should show they own matric (refer to below sample). this is can be achieve by enable the "Compare By" but the problem is, SSMC only can get the Value for TOP 32 VV. if I have 500 VV. then I need to generate the report 15 times to get it done, because the max only 32 VV per report. also need to select the object rules manually which is troublesome.

VV   Name      Bandwidth       ServiceTime               IOPS

LUN A                  200                      2                        2039

LUN B                   20                        1                           202

LUN C                  230                       3                         2443

Hope you understand what I mean.
really need your expertise on this.

thank you.

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hi Rapadila,

How many VVs are you trying to pull performance statistics at once? Are they from the same system or different systems?

What is the SSMC version are you using?

Can you please add the screenshot of the screen where it is limiting you for 32 VVs.

Regards,

Srinivas Bhat

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Rapadila1
Occasional Advisor

Hi Srinivas,

Thank you for your response.
Kindly refer to below

How many VVs are you trying to pull performance statistics at once?400 VV's

Are they from the same system or different systems? from same system 8440

What is the SSMC version are you using? 3.7.0.0.499

I have dificulties to upload the image here...but you may try to see it from my google drive on below Link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oXDZ0ovi28HoE4xvbv_0eu9ebX45ClUH/view?usp=sharing

Thank You,

Best Regards

Rapadila

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hi Rapadila,

Thanks for the details. I referred your screenshot from the link. I am also on the same version of SSMC and 3PAR 8K system.

In this report, objects refer to VVs. As shown in this image, if you select 'All objects' the report will include all VVs statistics. I have 63 VVs. My report includes all of them.

sr objects.JPG

Regards,

Srinivas Bhat

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Rapadila1
Occasional Advisor

Hi Srinivas ,

unfortunately my report only show the total of the VV performance in the array, not show per VV performance if  "Compare By" option is disabled. not sure how you can get that. refer to below screenshot.

Result
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rr4l60KszTATQGZxOWfTIzMf4GLjyhVv/view?usp=sharing

Compare Option Disable
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jDIv8DGP9Cdhf6bbIGEjxRBAZBWlinmv/view?usp=sharing

Thank you,
best Regards

Rapadila

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hi Rapadila,

How does it show if you export the report to csv?

Regards,

Srinivas Bhat

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo