1748213 Members
3098 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Oracle Database LUN Remotecopy

sankarghosh
Occasional Contributor

Oracle Database LUN Remotecopy

Customer doesn't want to invest in Oracle Enterprise Licensing for Data Guard, instead wants to have Database storage LUNs to be replicated between DC & DR (through Remotecopy) to have a

Please highlight the issues / points to ponder that can arise during Oracle DB LUN asynchronous replication.

I've searched a lot in vain to find relevant documents in this area.

Any help will be extremely appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Re: Oracle Database LUN Remotecopy

If the Remote Copy Group is set for periodic replication, then the snapshot to the secondary volumes happens at effectively random times. You would want the replication to start while the database is in a consistent state. Set the RCG to have a period of zero, and use an external OS-based job to 1) put the database in hot backup mode, 2) have the primary system start a syncrcopy of the RCG, and once the syncrcopy is started, 3) put the database back to normal mode.

The HPE 3PAR Command Line Interface Administrator's Manual discusses running the HPE 3PAR Command Line Interface (chapter 4). See the section in the chapter on using SSH.

For a complete solution, look at HPE Recovery Manager Central for Oracle - https://www.hpe.com/h20195/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=4AA6-5238ENW

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo