1753747 Members
4910 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Physical or Virtual SP?

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

You will have to "bite the bullet" and make a VMware environment for the virtual Service Processor. Or talk to Sales about getting a physical Service Processor ordered and quickly delivered.

The Hyper-V based virtual Service Processor will not be available before the release of the HP 3PAR 3.1.3 operating system later this year.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Yaboto
Super Advisor

I am trying to check if i can setup an evaluation version of the VMWARE environment for the Virtual Service Processor.

Please,

After setting up a VMWARE environment (installing the ESX 5.5 host), what would be the next step or next procedure?

Thanks.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Refer to the install guide

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/manualsResults/?sp4ts.oid=5386547&spf_p.tpst=psiContentResults&spf_p.prp_psiContentResults=wsrp-navigationalState%3Daction%253Dmanualslist%257Ccontentid%253DSetup-and-install-general%257Clang%253Den&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken

Should be delivered with the hardware.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!