108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Remote Copy CPGs and Snapshots

SOLVED
Go to solution
UHCHP
Visitor

Remote Copy CPGs and Snapshots

We are running syncronous replication with a few luns on our san. They are configured with a Raid 5 CPG. It is 99%. If we create a snapshot will that disrupt the replication? 

3 REPLIES 3
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Re: Remote Copy CPGs and Snapshots

Are you saying the drives are 99% full?In which case you need to be adding more drives.

Or you have lots of free space, justthe CPG's current allocation is 99%? In which case the CPG will automatically allocate some more.

If the latter, no problem. Snap away.

If you decide to do something on a scheduled basis, be sure to specify a sensible expiration time on the snapshots!

Note: While I work for Hewlett-Packard, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company.
----------
If my post was useful, click on my KUDOS! thumb below!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

UHCHP
Visitor

It is the Allocated Percentage. You can see the attached photo. Will the snapshot interfear with the remote copy at all? Will it create a snap in both locations? I have tried the snapshot function with a test lun and VM and it only took a second to create the snapshot. What if the volume is 2TB should I expect it to take a while to create the snapshot?

Thanks 

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro
Solution

Good. As long as you have free Fast Class space, you are fine.

The snapshot will have no effect on Remote Copy.

Size of the virtual volume does not matter.

Lastly, the snapshot is a local request, so it will not create a snap of the secondary.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo