1748102 Members
4852 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: StorServ 7200/7400 replication

Northwoods
Frequent Advisor

StorServ 7200/7400 replication

I'm looking at a deployment of 50-70TB of disk for production and dr with using remote copy to handle keeping dr current. The problem I'm seeing with this is we use 10GB iSCSI and have no support for FCOE or any sort of FC hardware currently installed. Both units seem to support RCIP but seems bound to some onboard 1GB interfaces, with hourly changes peaking somewhere between 2TB and 4TB am I the only one seeing an issue with using the 1GB interfaces? Can we do RCIP over the 10GB interfaces?

For background DR site has sub-1ms latency with multiple 10GB links.

1 REPLY 1
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Re: StorServ 7200/7400 replication

Assuming the issue is the initial replication, consider first populating the local virtual volume(s), then make virtual copies and finally backups of the VCs.
Restore the backups to suitable virtual volumes at the DR site. Then asynch Remote Copy can be configured using the snapshots as starting points.

Note: While I work for HP, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company.
----------
If my post was useful, click on my KUDOS! "White Star" !

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo