6094 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

8GB Carrier Card Problems

TC10284
Advisor

8GB Carrier Card Problems

Hello all.

I am having issues with my 8GB carrier card in an HP 9000 T600 server. No matter what slot I have the 8GB carrier card in, HC only shows the card as Memory(?). However, it shows the four 256MB cards fine as Memory(256MB).
The card itself should have 24 of the 32 slots populated with 256MB DIMM's and in the correct order (1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, etc.) according to the A1809-90005 Memory install manual. I have mostly tried the card in slot 8. Also, when I attempt to boot the system, the system will hang before it attempts to do the CPU self checks.

Thanks for any help!
5 REPLIES 5
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

Re: 8GB Carrier Card Problems

hi TC,

To enable the 8gb carrier board to work you need to check the version of pdc, there was an update a long time ago it.

The patch id FWEJA602

Check this doc id on the knowledge base.
Document ID: A5156793

http://www4.itrc.hp.com/service/cki/search.do?category=c0&prevQueryString=&mode=text&searchString=fweja602&searchCrit=allwords&docType=Security&docType=Patch&docType=EngineerNotes&docType=BugReports&docType=Hardware&docType=ReferenceMaterials&docType=ThirdParty&dateRange=all&search.x=42&search.y=2

you will need to install this patch or the system will not boot.

This is only valid if its a 9000/T600 running HPUX

Andy
TC10284
Advisor

Hey and thanks for your reply.
I'm not sure but when I go into Service Processor mode (SP) and then do an HC, the system will not show it as Memory(8GB) as the manual shows it but instead as Memory(?). So I think this would be operating system independent, correct?
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi, its been a while since i last worked on the T classes but im pretty sure they do list all the memory at pdc/sp level.

check what version firmware you have installed. latest one is 6.02 which the system needs to use the memory board/carrier.

Andy
TC10284
Advisor

I hate to sound like a total n00b but I'm having trouble finding that in HP's patch/firmware database. =\
TC10284
Advisor

I checked and I believe I have version 6.05