New Discussion юеВ

9000 front panel warning lights

SOLVED
Go to solution
Doug_3
Frequent Advisor

9000 front panel warning lights

Good morning!

The front panel warning light has been blinking away for the past several hours.

We don't have any documentation on the warning lights for the 9000, I did a cursory search in ITRC using various combo's of criteria, and no luck!

The ems event log, syslog, dmesg, pred support have no real errors or warnings that I can see, yet the light sits there flashing away. There are no performance hits...

The only thing we have been doing the past couple days is adding and removing and configuring ext modems to the pci-mux. Plus the predictive support/GPS modem line was switched to another external modem for testing purposes, so it couldn't call out for a couple hours each day and generated an error msg about line not responding.

What else can I check about this or is it an HP tech call. If it is nothing what can I do to turn the light off?

Last, can anyone point me in the right direction for the approp web doc's to explain the front panel lights? It'd be nice to replace the missing docs...

Thanks for your help

Doug
7 REPLIES 7
Patrick Wessel
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: 9000 front panel warning lights

The Attention light want's to point you to the GSP error logs. Find how to access them in the following answer:
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,1150,0x0756c5ea0230d411ade80090279cd0f9,00.html

There is no good troubleshooting with bad data
Patrick Wessel
Honored Contributor

...and here is a LED decoder for an L-Class.
http://docs.hp.com/l2000-docs/custfpdecode/green.htm

and N-Class
http://docs.hp.com/n4000-docs/custfpdecode/green.htm

I guess they are the same ;-)
Doug_3
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Patrick, when I wandered back from the data room to do a search I made the fatal error of translating the flashing

"ATTN" to "ALERT"

so my search came up empty.

I did check the gsp and found the relevant docs.

Thanks again.
Doug
Jannett Swisher

This led is telling you that you had an alert log recorded in the GSP. If you look at the gsp log this should turn the led off.

GSP>sl
then e for error and no filters

I suppect the log is a result of the configuration changes you make in the gsp.
Wayne Schmidt
Occasional Contributor

How do you then clear out the GSP log file of 200+ error messages?
Patrick Wessel
Honored Contributor

Wayne,
There is no way to clear the logs. The log-entry 0 is alwayst the most current one entry 199 is the oldest. if there is an event which generates a new log-entry will log 198 move to 199, 197 to 198 and so on
Doug_3
Frequent Advisor

thank you.