108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

A7109A Core I/O for the RP8400 Server

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jesse Dougherty
Honored Contributor

A7109A Core I/O for the RP8400 Server

Does anyone happen to know where one could obtain a A7109A Core I/O for the RP8400 Servers. I have tried HP (new & re-marketed) and there is a month back order on them. I have checked with other HP resellers, Ebay, Google searches, and a few other on line wholesalers / inventory posting sites with no
luck. These things seem to be a tough item to find these days. If anyone knows of a company or individual that I can obtain one from, please let me know. I cant use any substitutions, its got to be the A7109A

Thanks for your help
Jesse
Cypress Technology Inc
jesse@cypress-tech.com
2 REPLIES 2
Ted Buis
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: A7109A Core I/O for the RP8400 Server

Jesse,

I would check again with HP on availability. Often HP quotes some padding into their delivery, to cover order processing time and shipment time. I usually pad what the factory says (factory recieves valid order from HP's order processing to when they ship) by three weeks.
I see the factory has 2 days in the US and 10 days in Europe. Again this is excluding the minimum of 1 day overhead in order processing and any time for shipping, but you can pay extra for expedited shipping.
Mom 6
Ted Buis
Honored Contributor

Re: A7109A Core I/O for the RP8400 Server

Just an additional disclaimer, sometimes the database that I accessed isn't correct, but it is accurate at least 99% of the time. Once the order is placed with the factory, the people in HP order processing will see an factory acknowledgement on the expected ship date after about one day. Much of production is Just-In-Time, so all the dates assume that there are no unexpected supplier problems, or DOD rated orders that will "bump" commercial orders by law.
Mom 6