4689 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: can not conncet both servers to disk arrey

Salm
Frequent Advisor

can not conncet both servers to disk arrey

Hi every one

I have 2 D class servers and one disk arrrey model A3312A . with 2 hot swapable HD(4 also empty spaces) 1st server name (hp01) having
3 hot swapable drives,

2nd server name (hp02) having 2 HD. right now hp02 is atteched with disk arrey and ioscan cmd shows all disk perfectly. now the problem is that when I atteched hp01 to disk arrey for making Highly available cluter (MC service guard) 1st system hp01 hanged and shows following msg.

DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM WARNING:
The diagnostic logging facility has started receiving excessive errors from the I/O subsystem.I/O error entries will be lost until the cause of the excessive I/O logging is corrected.
If the diaglogd daemon is not active, use the Daemon Startup command in stm to start it.
If the diaglogd daemon is active, use the logtool utility in stm to determine which I/O subsystem is logging excessive errors.
LVM: vg[0]: pvnum=0 (dev_t=0x1f004000) is POWERFAILED

and after this msg system hanged up nothing come up.
I also atteched IOSCAN results .alsp please advice what changes should bee made in target addresses

highly apprecite for help
4 REPLIES 4
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

First, an A3312A is not an array; it is a JBOD (Just a Bunch of Disks). I strongly suspect that your fundamental problem is that you have the SCSI ID of both controllers (HBA) in the two D-boxes set to 7. You must set one of them to 7 and the other to another value (almost always 6 as that is the next highest priority) and then make certain that no other devices on the bus conflict with these ID's. Furthermore, you should terminate the bus at the physical ends of the cable and this almost certainly means that termination must be enabled on the two HBA's and nowhere else.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Salm
Frequent Advisor

thanks stephneson

I will change SCSI id and see what will be the result . please also check my IOSCAN result and advice me what changes should be made in target addresses.

please do not consider my last attechment. it was wrong . now I'm Atteching right outputs of ioscan
Salm
Frequent Advisor

How can i change SCSI ID for controller ??
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

It depends upon the controller that you are using but based upon the SCSI ID's that I see above 7, you are probably using an A4107A
HSC FWD/HVD SCSI HBA. There is a set of DIP switches on the card that are used to set the SCSI ID. By default, they are set to 7 so you simply need to set the least significant bit to 0 to set the value to 6.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.