108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Customer satisfaction woth HP hardware support for 9000 servers

SOLVED
Go to solution
Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

Customer satisfaction woth HP hardware support for 9000 servers

Could you pls let me know your degree of satisfaction with HP hardware support for the 9000 server series ?
Kind regards
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"
18 REPLIES 18
Bernhard Mueller
Honored Contributor

Alexander,
if you are talking about servers _only_ and just the 9000 series, on the "forums scale" I'd assign 10 points

Regards,
Bernhard

Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

Sounds nice. What about software support ( HP-UX ) ?
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"
Robert-Jan Goossens_1
Honored Contributor

Hi Alexander,

Compared to our two other support contracts (S..+I..) a 9 on a 0 to 10 scale. Never had Hardware issues whit HP.

Regards,
Robert-Jan
Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

Hi there.
For all :
could you give me aour opinion about software support as well ?
Thanks in advance.
Alexander M. Ermes
Robert-Jan Goossens_1
Honored Contributor

NO problem,

HP very good (8)
SUN good (7) Software itself is good but support is not always how it should be.
IBM good (7.5)
Bernhard Mueller
Honored Contributor

SW support HP-UX only: 9 points
SW support DP only: 5 points

Regards,
Bernhard

P.S. IMHO the support is really the reason why a lot of people do _not_ move to cheaper HW/SW. There would be more reasons I could add to that but that one actually makes the _big_ difference.

malvin drakley
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Alexander,
As a hardware engineer I can only offer an opinion on your original question. Whenever I have had occasion to use their services I have always found them to be worth at least a 10. That probably just applies to my little corner of S.E. England though!! as I cannot speak for the rest of the UK.
cheers

malvin
Not me Chief, I'm Radar
Tom Ward_1
Honored Contributor

Hello Alexander,

I'm very pleased with HP's 9000 support.
I'm impressed with how well the different parts work together. I can open a call with software due to a log entry that I'm concerned about. They'll identify it as a hardware problem and pass it over to the hardware folks who in turn have a CE dispatched to replace the hardware.

I've heard some not so nice things from the Wintel folks about getting support on former Compaq boxes. I'm glad I work with the 9000s. That support has been great.

Also the ITRC for hp-ux and 9000 hardware rocks. I don't think there's anything nearly as good for the former Compaq side.

Regards,
Tom
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor
Solution

I have always been pretty pleased with both the hardware and software support from HP. There have been a couple of times when issues should have been resolved quicker than they were, but for the most part I'd give everyone an A+.

The only real issue I had was one time I had problems with PHKL_18543 and the initial response center person (I hesitate to call her an engineer) tried to tell me that HP-UX regenerated the kernel every time you rebooted. I was less than pleased with that person, but that event took place 3 or 4 years ago.