7255 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Faillure powering PCI Bacckplane in RP8400

CSP_ALGERIA
Frequent Advisor

Faillure powering PCI Bacckplane in RP8400

Hello,

When powering on the server, the T cabinet is powered ON the 02 cells are powered on. But the IO chassis 0 and 1 are not powered on.

we tryed to power them in MP menu by timping PE command in MP:CM menu and shoosing P for iochassis for both iochassis 0 and 1, no way ,the IO chassis stay alway in OFF position .
In normal situation when powring on the T cabinet all iochassis and cells are powered on and the 02 PCI power supply are power on(after a few second the power led in PCI PS are green).
In this case the 02 PCI power supply are not powred on and the green LEDS are off. It is the same issue wen we have change those PCI power supply, and they work correctly in other RP 8400.
Note that the MP power led in the multi-fonction core io board is on and the active led is on , but a the top the PCI power good led is off and the LBA attention led is on amber.
When looking to the VFP menu after boot, the cells are booted and tested with normal logs ,but they are blocked at BIB waiting the Iochassis.
0 Ready to boot/boot is blocked Cell firmware 547 Logs
1 Ready to boot/boot is blocked Cell firmware 547 Logs

In attached files the Dump of error message in MP:SL menu and the most output when taping a command in mp menu

Thanks

Bests regards

Omar
Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.
4 REPLIES 4
Iain Ashley
Trusted Contributor

Re: Faillure powering PCI Bacckplane in RP8400

can you power the io chassis manually with the PE command? If this was powered off manually, the system will behave this way. If you can't power on manually, you have a hardware fault, and as such should contact HP support. It is probably a PCI power supply. Is there an E at the start of either of the cell entries in the VFP? If so there is an error entry in the Chassis Logs.

Regards
Iain Ashley

Stefan Stechemesser
Honored Contributor

Hi Omar,

this is a strange status. Bothe IO Chassis report strange errors in the ps output. Chassis 0 says "INVALID OVER TEMP FAULT" and Chassis 1 shows no power converters installed:

Power is off, Power Module Missing
Power Module's Brick 1 VRM 1
Present :
OK :
Enabled :

In addition to this, the df command shows several "RtnCodeI2CError" codes which indicates a problem on the serial I2C bus which is used to control all other devices in the rp8400.
I would strongly recomend to open a HP support call to troubleshoot this problem.
As a quick try you can reseat the MP(s), maybe one of the MPs is not seated properly. But of cause it could also be any other part connected to the I2C bus (PCI Backplane, Backplane, Cellboards). Sometimes a powercycle (unplugg all cables) helps ...

I hope this helps

Stefan
CSP_ALGERIA
Frequent Advisor

hello Lain and Stefan ,

thanks very mutch for your feedback,

just i want to informe you, that the problem is resolved after openning a call by apdating the firmware for the pcibackplane.

exactly with the pcilpm102.bin file in osp menu.

Hope this will help for other in the future.

Bests regards

Omar Yahiaoui
CSP_ALGERIA
Frequent Advisor

just i want to informe , that the problem is resolved after openning a call by apdating the firmware for the pcibackplane.

exactly with the pcilpm102.bin file in osp menu.

Hope this will help for other in the future.

Bests regards

Omar Yahiaoui