or even better is there a document that describes
error codes.
Thanks
Alexander
10 REPLIES 10
Stefan Stechemesser
Honored Contributor

Re: FLT CBF0 TRAPS

cbf0 means a HPMC (High Priority Machine Check) has happened. This points to a probable harware problem (CPU, Cache, Memory or I/O Subsystem). Call the HP Response Center for further troubleshooting if the problem resists.
Ed Millan

Is there anyway of knowing what exactly is bad?
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Since it cannot boot, there isn't much you can see. The failure is not something you can tweak with a switch. It is likely a CPU board or possibly a memory carrier or even a failed memory board. And it might even be a failure on the interconnect backplane. Unless you have another K450 to use for swapping parts, you'll need HP service to fix it.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
Ed Millan

We can get to a service screen on the server. Can we figure out what exactly is wrong from there?

What steps should I take to accomplish this?

Thank you
Joshua Scott
Honored Contributor

Ed,

Is CBF0 the only code showing on your display?

Josh
What are the chances...
Ed Millan

yes it is!

FLT CBF0 TRAPS

That's it!
Joshua Scott
Honored Contributor

-b
gets you to the GSP. use the SL command and post the output here.

Josh
What are the chances...
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

The K-series does not have a GSP at all, and therefore has no log NVRAM logs like the N/L/A class or the new rp-series. The processor dependent code (PDC) is quite limited in the K-class so you'll have to learn how to boot and use the offline diagnostic CDROM. This will not neccessarily isloate the failing component, only that a computer fault has occurred, which is not much more than you have now.

If you don't have any HP service available, you might try removing and reseating the memory, processor(s) and I/O cards.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
Stefan Stechemesser
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Bill is right. The K-Class does not have a GSP, but it has an "Access Port" that can be entered by typing CTRL-B when the key switch is in the "Service" position. There, a "sl" command exists, that shows the last 50 chassis codes. A post of these codes would be helpful.

If there is a way to enter the PDC main menue (only possible if HPMC happens after the self tests), then the HPMC dump can be made in the Service Menue ("ser") with the "hpmc" command.

If both is impossible, the only remaining option is to call an HP engineer who should try to boot the server in minimal configuration (one CPU, only Core I/O card, 2 Dimms) and/or replace defective parts.

Best regards

Stefan