1753769 Members
5466 Online
54796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: GSP Battery Low

Ernest_4
Occasional Contributor

GSP Battery Low

What are the ramifications if I ignore a "GSP Battery Low" event on a rp7410, and the battery is low or completely dies?
3 REPLIES 3
rick jones
Honored Contributor

I'm not entirely certain but would suspect that if the system were to lose power, when the power came-back the GSP might not remember everything it knew before.

Probably best to peruse the system HW manual(s) at http://docs.hp.com/
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows
Ernest_4
Occasional Contributor

That's what I figured. But I wanted a detailed symptom. I googled it, got nothing. I'll check out the manuals. I didn't get anything back with "GSP Battery Low" though. They probally talk about the function and the config info the GSP stores. So I'll assume that all the config info will be lost if the battery is dead coupled with a power loss. Thanks
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Since the GSP not only keeps configs for the serial and network port, it also keeps the GSP logs, and most important, the primary and alternate boot paths, etc. Now it's possible that boot details are kept in NVRAM while logs and other less critical configs are kept in battery-backed storage. I would definitely look at the warning as very important and schedule a time to have HP replace the battery. Be sure to run setboot -v to a printer so you document the current settings.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin