1753272 Members
4853 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP 9000 server reboot

Marc Davin
Occasional Advisor

HP 9000 server reboot

Server reboot or shutdown automatically , and it creates the system alert, but it is not showing any power unit failure, we have 3 power unit connected to the server.

-Lawrance
10 REPLIES 10
mits
Respected Contributor

If your system is under HP warranty, contact HP support center. It is the best way to troubleshoot your problem. On the other hand, your system may failed with a software panic. Check your system crash dump. If you need to suspect any hardware, you need to clarify your system model. If it is some legacy server, check GSP activity log. If it is current 9000/PA server, check MP SEL and FPL. It appears you know some alert event. I would suggest you will copy your event detail to this room.
Marc Davin
Occasional Advisor

Server is not under warranty,Server model is rp5430 ,from gsp event it gives system alert 14 power failure (low dc voltage),is there any relation between GSP and Power unit, if so can i upgrade the GSP, also is it possible to roll back in case of upgrade failure.
i have check the dc power switch no problem found.
How do i troubleshoot the intermident hardware failure from GSP.

-lawrance
david d_2
Frequent Advisor

Lawrence,

You can check your the status of your power system by running PS from the GSP. It may give you an idea of what is going on. Also if you could send along the output of the GSP log it may be helpful.

-Dave
Roberto Arias
Valued Contributor

hi all

Please check PDU. Have you got any server connected at the same PDU? I had PDU in failed and this down 5 server ├В┬б├В┬б

regards
The man is your friend
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

How's the quality of the power at your site? If you have brown-outs, it might cause problems like this.

The server's power supplies cannot keep the internal DC power lines stable if the voltage of the wall sockets drops too low.

MK
MK
Prashanth.D.S
Honored Contributor

Hi Anjali,

Could you attach the below logs, they will provide more info on what has gone bad...

GSP>PS
GSP>SL ==> Select A for Activity and D to dump it on screen.
GSP>SL ==> Select E for Error logs and D to dump

As you have already said system has got 3 BPS and even if one has gone bad system should be up with no Redundancy.. So issue could be with anything cable,power monitor card, cpu or systemboard..

Send me this log hopefully we will be able to identify the issue..

Best Regards,
Prashanth
Marc Davin
Occasional Advisor

Dear All,

The SL log gives dc voltage failure, i dont know what is the name of the part , i understood it is the power regulator creating problem ,so i tried replace a part which take the input of 45Vdc and give output power of 2.0Vdc , now the server is continuously working for 24hrs, can any of you give me a hardware detail guide for all the 9000 series server which will help me analyze the problem easily in future.

Thanks to all.

-Anjali
mits
Respected Contributor

It was good to hear. I would suggest you will give some points to all volunteers before asking for additional help.

A troubleshooting document is available at the docs.hp.com web.

http://docs.hp.com/en/hw.html
-> HP 9000 rp5400 Series Server (L-Class)
-> Troubleshooting and Build-Up Procedures Product Update - rp5400, rp5430, rp5450 and rp5470
TYP3R
Frequent Advisor

If you are getting low voltage dc error on your GSP log then i would suggest you change you processor support module..