108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Model A500 Dip Switch Setting

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sam_88
Occasional Advisor

HP Model A500 Dip Switch Setting

I have a question on the mainboard about the dip switch setting (middle position). Can anyone tell me what does it mean.

1. DOWN 1. DOWN
2. UP 2. UP
3. UP 3. UP
4. DOWN 4. UP
5. DOWN 5. DOWN

Both the above settings, what does it means??
Any weblink to check for different settting?

Thanks & Regards
Sam

Paul Mayor
3 REPLIES 3
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

What I can say is that the DIP switches are used to set the CPU speed of the processor. The A400/500 can have 440, 550, 650 and now 750 CPU speeds. I *think* the boards differ between the 440/550 and the 650/750 CPU's, which would give each system board its own DIP settings.

However there are 6 of these switches and you only list 5. A mistake perhaps?

What I have on a 440MHZ is 100010 = 1 refers to UP or ON. Up is referring to the DIP switch position in relation to the housing it is enclosed in.

I dont have any others, but if anyone else does it could come in handy someday so please post away!!

-Bob
----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
Sam_88
Occasional Advisor

hi, Bob

Thanks for your advise. However, I got a question. For the dip switch setting you have
(i.e. 100010 for 440 MHz), is there any switch setting's different for one CPU and two CPU inside?

-Sam
Paul Mayor
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor
Solution

Not that I am aware of. In fact, what makes an A500 an A500 is the ability to have two CPU's. The A400 can only have one. In that case there is a firmware limitation (an upgrade gets you more functionality on the same board).

-Bob
----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!