Re: HP RP7410/7420 Bulk power supply

SOLVED
Go to solution
pj_11
Super Advisor

HP RP7410/7420 Bulk power supply

Hello All,

This a general inquiry.

Can PSU be Hot swapped when populated with 2 cell boards.The server has 2 power supplies.

Does all the line cords need to plugged in total of 4 or can you still hot swap with 2 line cords.

PJ
3 REPLIES 3
Sandy Chen
Honored Contributor

Hi,

You can hot swap the Bulk Power Supply. About the power cords, you don't have to unplug the cables, so you could do replacement with 4 power cords plugged

regards,
Sandy
I never think of the future. It comes soon enough.
Prashanth.D.S
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi PJ,

The bulk power supplies are N+1 redundant components and are fully hot-swappable while the system is operational

Do not remove both bulk power supplies simultaneously while the system is operational. Possible data loss may result.

Do not remove a failed bulk power supply (or BPS) unless a replacement BPS is available for immediate installation. This ensures proper airflow during system operation.

Best Regards,
Prashanth
pj_11
Super Advisor

Hello,

I got held on a job.My system is fully loaded with 2 cells and so forth.The current configuration is one power source for each PSU i am not using all power sources.So you are saying the system will operate on one PSU in a fully loaded system.Do you need all 4 poer sources to be plugged in.

PJ