1752522 Members
5352 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPUX 11i software failure

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Your GSP and PDC version seems to be up-to-date. This current error may be caused by hardware or software, but while you are installing from CD it's most likely the hardware. The systemboard has failed, I guess. My advise is to open a hardware call and let HP engineers check your box.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
dave daniels_2
Valued Contributor

It looks like you most likely have a bad IO card that is hanging the bus. If you have support place a call as mentioned earlier, if not try pulling all PCI IO cards and restarting.
Adisuria Wangsadinata_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Your PDC & GSP firmware are using the latest version. But from the PIM, the information is not uptodate (Thu Jul 21 06:41:49 GMT 2005).

You can try to use minimum configuration to check whether your system can work or not. Minimum configuration when there's no devices attach to the system. You can also try to remove 1st the I/O PCI card, this to make sure the issue not come from the PCI I/O.

If you have other spare HP-UX installation CD, you can try to install the OS from other CD.

Meanwhile, it's a good plan also to call HP on this issue.

Hope this information can help you.

Cheers,
AW
now working, next not working ... that's unix
Raul Andrade_1
Frequent Advisor

The problem is some when boot from the thisk with OS on diferent path hardware.
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Looking at the GSP log , it seems that the system bus adapter has failed.
You can check this by going to information menu of GSP. Then type io to get I/O Module Information . There should be an entry for "system bus adapter". If you don't find it or you see some warning there , then there is h/w problem. Make a note of the warning and all GSP error logs along with this System Alert.
You need to replace the system board. Place a h/w call to HP and provide all those logs and get rid of the problem.