1753521 Members
4847 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Installing 3rd cpu in RP5450 server

anishx

Installing 3rd cpu in RP5450 server

Hi

We have a server HP 9000 L2000-44 (RP5450) with 2 processors. we are planning to install 3rd processor. How i will find out the current processor model? is there any filling sequence for processors on system board? Pls le me know.
6 REPLIES 6
tkc
Esteemed Contributor

hi,

CPUs must be installed in the following sequence: 0, 2, 1, then 3
tkc
Esteemed Contributor

to check the current cpu model, you can use the tool cstm :

#cstm
cstm>map

this will map a list of hardware device. take note of the device number, dev# for the cpu (normally towards the end of the list)

cstm>select device
cstm>info
cstm>infolog

this will display the cpu info

cstm>exit
#

More info about cstm :

http://docs.hp.com/en/diag/stm/sth_cstm.htm#inft
Jesse Dougherty
Honored Contributor

The processor model is A5522A (440MHz CPU) and you also must terminate the CPU slot you are not using.

Jesse
Cypress Technology Inc
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi,

the -44 in the model string tells you that you are running with 440mhz cpu's

however, to install the third you would also need another processor support module to go with it. this is for the 3rd and 4th cpu installed.

you do NOT need the terminator as jesse has stated. You only need this in the 2nd slot if you have only one processor.

the correct loading order is also on the lid of the server when you remove the top cover.

Andy
Marcel Burggraeve
Trusted Contributor

Like stated before, the filling order is to be seen on a picture when you have removed the top cover.
Also keep in mind you will need an extra processor support module if you install a third processor.
And again, the terminator is ONLY needed in the second slot ( number 3 if I recall correctly ) when you're running with one processor.
Starting with 2 processors and up to the max of 4 a terminator is no longer needed.
anishx

Thanks to all for giving the valuable answres to my query..