New Discussion юеВ

Re: kingestone memory

SOLVED
Go to solution
Fadia Almarei
Super Advisor

kingestone memory

Dear ALL
i have rp5430 server running HP-UX 11i, i have 2GB memory which is hp ,i want to upgrade the memory by adding another 2GB memory which is kingestone type ,i want to ask is this may affect the system, kindly advice
fadia.marei
7 REPLIES 7
Ravi_8
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I don't think they are compatible with HP.

I always call HP for h/w upgrade
never give up
Fadia Almarei
Super Advisor

Ravi ,so why there is a kingestone,and did you try this or is it just a thinking issue
fadia.marei
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi,

weve used kingston before and it works ok for us.
however its not supported by HP and double check you get the right stuff.

Andy
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor
Solution

I have used both Kingston and Crucial and have not had a problem with either one.

I believe they both have a lifetime warranty so if one goes bad you send it back and get a new one.

A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

I remember discussing this topic last month.

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=764468
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Charles Holland
Trusted Contributor

Not much point assignment going on here, but I 've using DataRam memory in E,H,K,L, and nor rp7410 servers. Each server was ordered with HP memory. Afterward 3rd party memory was purchased and installed. The only server I've had problem with was/is the K box. Our HW engineers know we have HP memory AND 3rd party memory in the boxes, BUT we always verify where the memory problem exists before we call for HP service. Locate it, remove it, notify manufacturer, receive replacement memory next day and install. Sent bad memory back.

Life goes on.
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" A. Einstein
Zygmunt Krawczyk
Honored Contributor

Kinston memory modules are compatible with HP modules. The only difference is that Kingston modules are not supported by HP service.

Regards,
Zygmunt