HPE 9000 and HPE e3000 Servers
1748089 Members
4872 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

L Class Connections

L Class Connections

We have purchased a second user L2000 which has no cables.

How do I gain console access and what do I need for this, cables, terminal/pc types and what ports on slots 1 and 2 do I use.

6 REPLIES 6
Michael Tully
Honored Contributor

Re: L Class Connections

Start here:
You should be able to find everything you require.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/cgi-bin/spi/main
Anyone for a Mutiny ?
Ted Buis
Honored Contributor

You can come in via the LAN console. See details in the documentation at:
http://www.docs.hp.com/hpux/onlinedocs/A5191-96022/A5191-96022.html

Or order part number A5191-63001 which is the DB25 to three different 9-pin connectors cable.
Mom 6
Sunil Sharma_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Please check in the Manual A5191-96019 . it is available on docs.hp.com at hardware section.

Sunil
*** Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today ***
malvin drakley
Esteemed Contributor

hello there, the cable you need is a 3 way cable part number A5191-63001, which gives connections from your console, ups and remote. If however you only have an ordinary console cable (24542G) you can actually connect it backwards on your 700/96 terminal. i.e 9 pin end to the terminal and 25 pin end to the L box. Remember to go in to the terminal setup and change your port selection
cheers
malvin
Not me Chief, I'm Radar
dave daniels_2
Valued Contributor

Bill,

If you do not have the 3 way cable you can connect a 25 pin console cable to the connector in PCI slot 2 labeled console GPS reset. Using a laptop with a hyperterminal session will enable you to gain access. If you need a cable I can be of assistance.

-Dave
daved@elite-group.us

Hi Guys,

First and foremost Thanks for your replies.

Trying all of your suggestions, the only way I achieved it was to aquire the 3 way "W" cable and using a 9pin female ended HP Switch console cable as an extention to a HP terminal 700/60. Setting the terminal to 9600 baud, 8bit, 1 stop bit, no parity and with xon/xoff set.

Thanks Again
Bill Wilkinson