108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

L200 Boot Failure

SOLVED
Go to solution
Clint Gibler
Frequent Advisor

L200 Boot Failure

We have an L2000 that when it starts to boot after about 10 seconds we get an error and can't get around it and are unable to boot the machine. We have disconnected the disk array and the message has not changed. I am adding an attachment with a screen print of what we get.
7 REPLIES 7
Clint Gibler
Frequent Advisor

Re: L200 Boot Failure

Also when I go check the errors in the GSP I get this a lot. (attached)
Mel Burslan
Honored Contributor
Solution

If you can not get past this by pressing A (i.e. ACKnowledge), I'd suggest you log a hardware service call with hp. Alert Level : 7 in the message makes me believe that you have impaired hardware but the lack of any SOURCE (i.e. SOURCE: 0) is somewhat strange. If you have any esoteric network, i/o etc cards in your server, that may have gone belly-up.

I am unable to read either of your screen dumps. I can tell there is some text there but that's about it. The black background makes it all but impossible to read. Just capture the text and post that.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

From the chassis entry , it seems that there is a Serial I/O device failure. I am sure there would be more such entries , if you hit enter after this entry , you would fine more information. There would be sequence of such chassis entries logged by system firmware and last entry would probably showing as what cause the failure.

Did you try to acknowledge the entries?
If yes and as you said you could not boot , then there is serious hardware issue , most probably with Core I/O . I believe if Core I/O is not initilised properly , then a HP-9000 system won't boot.

You need to raise a call with HP to get ride of it.

Thayanidhi
Honored Contributor

Hi,
There is a hardware failure! Contact HP. I have seen similar problem in L1000(no source detail) which was Processor support module!
I cannot be sure you also have same problem.
Regds
TT
Attitude (not aptitude) determines altitude.
Mark Nieuwboer
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Clint,

A could read the screen dump but it was difficult. You have a harware issue.
probebley your processor.

grtz. mark
Stefan Stechemesser
Honored Contributor

Hi Clint,

the GSP logs indicate that during a processor selftest, an HPMC (high priority machine check) has happened.
Because the error happened before the BCH menu is reached, no further remote analysis is possible.
Because the error happened during the processor tests, I would suspect a CPU or the system card.
An HP engineer has to troubleshoot this onsite by making a minimal configuration and replacing parts until the system passes the selftests.
Please contact the HP support.

best regards

Stefan Stechemesser