1753819 Members
9202 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

LOAD HPIUX 11i V1 on my rp5470

HP RX4640
Frequent Advisor

LOAD HPIUX 11i V1 on my rp5470

I am very new to this so I need help I am attepting to load HP-UX 11i on an rp5470 it is laoded with 4 x 550MHz CPU's / 2x PSM's / Memory Carrier / memory / disks I hooked a 700/96 console to it and fired it up and I'm getting " attention" and " fault" errors on the front panel can you help me pleaase?
8 REPLIES 8
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

Re: LOAD HPIUX 11i V1 on my rp5470

Hi Jim,

Do you get any messages/output on your console?

If you do see the POST output on the console, could you try to enter the GSP (Guardian Service Processor) with the Ctrl-B keystroke?

You will be aske for an user/passwd - use the default Admin/Admin.

you will get a gsp prompt

run below commands an if possible post the output
gsp>vfp

gsp>sl
SL displays hardware-level error logs, one message at a time. Type SL, then E for Error log, press Enter for no filtering and then view the messages one at a time.

Best regards,
Robert-Jan
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

add on

link to the rp5470 Troubleshooting and Build-Up Procedures
http://docs.hp.com/en/rp54xx_Update/index.html
Ron Irving
Trusted Contributor

This is probably a hardware issue. What I have done in the past when experiencing this is remove the 2 cpu's toward the back of the system, (1 & 3,) and the PSM on the left. That's a place to start anyway.

And, as was mentioned, have a look at the GSP logs.

Hope this helps.

ron
Should have been an astronaut.
HP RX4640
Frequent Advisor

OK,

I got it to stay running now and the error is
4 = high voltage DC power
A = faile of disconnected

?????

Not sure what to try next haven found anything in the troubleshooting guide
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

> I got it to stay running now and the error is
> 4 = high voltage DC power
> A = faile of disconnected

Do you have all the power cords connected? I believe that there are 3 on the back. All of them must be plugged in. Otherwise, one of the power supplies is defective and should be replaced.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
HP RX4640
Frequent Advisor

I am at the point of BOOT it keeps trying to boot from the drive and I need it to boot from the DVD....... HELP!!!!!! I will take care of you all for points when I get this figured out..

Thank you in advance!
Ron Irving
Trusted Contributor

Hi again!!

You need to interrupt the boot at the PDC menu. When you see the message to hit any key in 10 seconds, hit the key.

Now, with your OS media in the DVD, type 'sea ipl', and boot from the path listed with your DVD -

'bo p2', or whatever number it is.

Let me know if that works!!

Thks
Ron Irving
Trusted Contributor

Oh, and keep an eye on the path when you run the search, (sea ipl.) The path for the DVD should be stamped right on the front of the system in an L3000, (something like 0/0/2/1.x, where x is the SCSI target.)

When you run the sea ipl, look for the P# corresponding to that path, and boot from there.

The system should start booting to the install screen, where you will have to answer a bunch of questions, and you're off to the races!!

Good luck, and get back to us if you need to!!!

ron