6288 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Processor disabled automatically

Ramprasath_1
Occasional Advisor

Processor disabled automatically

Hi
I'm having L class 2000 server with PA 8600 CPU module (4 nos) 440 MHz frequency. In this server CPU id 3 is automatically disabling. Once the processor is refixed manually it is detecting and working fine for 1 or 2 months. Again i'm facing the same problem. I hereby attached the cstm-infolog for all the 4 processors. Pls help me to solve this problem.

Regards
Ramprasath.G
5 REPLIES 5
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

I think you would be better off logging a hardware call with HP to get this resolved
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
mits
Respected Contributor

Your log file has copies of HPMC dump. However, its timestamp is very old.

Timestamp = Mon Feb 27 07:30:25 GMT 2006

Analyzing this log file may not help your troubleshooting. If the processor was disabled during the boot, GSP error log should log errors that caused the processor de-configuration. If the processor was disabled during the OS is up, EMS event.log should log the error that caused its problem. At any rate, replacing suspect CPU would help. Or you can try to swap processor with other one. Contacting HP support center is the best approach for your troubleshooting.
Prashanth.D.S
Honored Contributor

Hi Ram,

I agree with the above update, it seem that the timestamp updated in the TS99 output is invalid or pretty old...this may be because of an ICOD issue or due to the deconfiguration mentioned in ur query...

It would be better if u consult the HP for further diags..have an engineer onsite and take a look at CPU 3, get it replaced if found necessary.

Best Regards,
Prashanth
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

Noted your PDC firmware is pretty old. Should be at 44.28 not 41.39.

http://www2.itrc.hp.com/service/patch/patchDetail.do?patchid=PHSS_32705&sel={hpux:11.11,}&BC=main|search|

I'd start by upgrading your diagnostics O/S software and GSP firmware. Also this High Priority Machine Check (HPMC) error is from Timestamp = Mon Feb 27 07:30:25 GMT . If you have any logs on data or ignite backup tapes refer to them. And is it happens again use 'savecrash', get a memory dump, use the q4 analyzer and send it in to HP for analysis.

Start with the PDC patching.
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law
Ramprasath_1
Occasional Advisor

Hi
Finally problem was with system board
Thanks for ur help..