108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: rp7410 MP logon, password reset

SOLVED
Go to solution
daniel smith_3
Frequent Advisor

rp7410 MP logon, password reset

Can someone help me in resetting the logon and/or password for the MP card? I've tried the default logon's and passwords (Admin, Admin), but cannot log on to MP.
I pressed the reset button hoping that would do it, but it did not. Should I remove the battery?

thanks!
6 REPLIES 6
Charlie_17
Advisor
Solution

Hi,
press the reset button for som 10 seconds or so. This will reset the passowrds - however will also reset all LAN settings of the MP.

Charlie
Time flies like an arrow -- fruit flies like a banana
daniel smith_3
Frequent Advisor

I must not have been holding the reset key long enough!

Thanks!
Leam Hall
Frequent Advisor

Will this do anything to the OS if the server is running? That is, is the MP reset totally transparent to the OS?

Thanks!

Leam
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi,

yes the MP is totally independant. restting this will just reset the MP and clear any configuration stored.

you will need a serial console attached as it may ask for you to confirm it and you will obviously loose any lan connectivity.

you may need to update the partition configuartion as well though again? cannot remember

Andy
S_Logan
HPE Pro

Hi Daniel,

Before trying the HARD RESET, Please try
the following username /password (Oper/Oper or NO USERNAME/NO PASSWORD i.e just pressing "ENTER" key twice for Username and Password)

Pressing MP reset Button More than 5 Seconds you can loose the MP configuration*
It will restored to Factory default.

HTH

Regards,
Surendar
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Leam Hall
Frequent Advisor

Okay, with much trepidation and an extra grey hair growing while doing so, I reset the MP button successfully. No ill effects except for my worry factor. :)

Thanks!

Leam