HPE 9000 and HPE e3000 Servers
1751979 Members
4463 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: scsi card compability for surestore autoloader 1/9 HVD

dumle

scsi card compability for surestore autoloader 1/9 HVD

I have an adaptec SCSI Connect 2904 and I am thinking of buying a surestore autoloader 1/9 with an HDS requirement for the SCSI-1 card.

Is my scsi card compatible with HVD, I could not find any information on HVD on adaptecs webpage nor did I find any list of compatible devices on HP.

Thankful for a quick answer as I will need to make a decision soon.

Cheers
5 REPLIES 5
Tom Ward_1
Honored Contributor

Hello,

The 2904 is not a High Voltage Differential (HVD) scsi card. You will most likely damage the card if you hook it up to a HVD SCSI device.

Hope this helps,
Tom
dumle

Thanks for the quick response
Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

Hi there.
Look for a so called FAST/WIDE/DIFFERENTIAL controler. Be careful, taht you take the correct controler for your system.
An ADAPTEC 2944 FWD does only work in PC equipment.
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"
dumle

Thanks!

It turned out that we bought another backup device, but still one that required HVD, so I bought a AHA-2944UW
Ted Buis
Honored Contributor

If you are connecting it to an HP9000, it likely still will not work since the generic card don't have the HP9000 Processor Dependent Code loaded. What server are you using? If it is an HP9000 look for a remarketed or used A5159A or A4800A, but check the server for support and also the OS. These are probably 5V PCI cards and many of the new servers only support 3.3V PCI cards. Also, the new OS releases like 11.23 of HP-UX don't support some of the old cards. Unfortuantely, there is not just one standard that works it all systems.
Mom 6