108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Sendmail from SAP/R3 46C via Exchange

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ktrin

Sendmail from SAP/R3 46C via Exchange

Hi
I'm trying to configure my system for send email from SAP using Exchange but the message never go out from SAP, if i send a message to my email address from the shell i receive it successfully e.g:
sendmail -v -t
To:you@yourdomain.com
Subject:Test this out
hello
but i never receive it from SAP(SBWP). Any time i try to send a new message from SAP, in /tmp/traceout.txt file the following error appear:** Error when calling sendmail. Return value: 126 and i can't find information about this message.
I tested stop/start sendmail daemon but i read that i really don't need it for outgoing message.

Can anybody tell me how to fix this problem?

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Kurt Boyack
Occasional Advisor

Re: Sendmail from SAP/R3 46C via Exchange

It sounds like SAP cannot find sendmail. If it is getting to sendmail, there should be something logged in /var/adm/syslog/mail.log.
Charles Holland
Trusted Contributor
Solution

K@trin,
I would suggest that you search through sapnet and find out what notes can lead you to your goal. We also are on 46C and I presume you have the Tools -> Business communications -> SCOT - SAPconnect. From there you should see (possibly) UXSDML under the Internet section.
You will have to get some files from SAP. Again check the notes.

You will have to make an entry in the /etc/mail/sendmail.cf something like this..

# "Smart" relay host (may be null)
DSlouhp1dc1ex1

Of course louhp1dc1ex1 is the name of our exchange mail server.

Hope this helps you.

regards
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" A. Einstein
Ktrin

Hello

I have DS variable with the value of my exchange server in sendmail.cf file, but i have a question: what version of exchange do you have? We have 2003 and now i found a note with this information:
*** The SAP Exchange Connector (SXC) only supports the connection to Exchange 5.5 Server and to Exchange 2000 Server.
SAP does not provide any SXC for Exchange 2003 Server or later versions ***.

Best regards!!!

Charles Holland
Trusted Contributor

Yes I agree with you that SAP Connector doesn't work with Exchange 2003. Simply searching on sapnet for "exchange 2003" provides > 200 hits and one of the very first ones say the same thing you ae indicating.

Please note that whe WE created the item mentioned above UXSDML it is simply an acronym for UniX SenD MaiL. Some of the files you will need to get from SAP (unless you already have them) are "mlunxsnd mlsomadm mlsomail". I found note 99965 when I searched for mlunxsnd. The search also suggessed the other two programs as well as topics as "outgoing mail" and "SAP Internet Mail Gateway".

It can be done. Unfortunately we did it 2+ years ago and I can't remember how.

Hope this points you in the correct direction.

Regards
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" A. Einstein
Ktrin

Hi Charles
i found how to eliminate the error, i executed again mlunxsnd which is use to configure mailgw.ini file, when system ask me for the parameter Sendmail Command i entered: /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -v, now i receive message to my email address, i use to leave this field withou value because i was not sure what to write and the command permit skip it, before this i modified the file /etc/PATH and added the directory /usr/sbin but i don't think this helped i did't tested before new configuration of mailgw.ini so i'm not sure and now i don't want to change anything ;-). I received a warning that do not use -t option with sendmail but my email from SAP are arriving in my inbox of exchange.
Thanks so much for your replays and i hope this thread help somebody else.

Bye, bye
Charles Holland
Trusted Contributor

K@trin,

Generally considered good policy to assign points if someone helps resolve a problem.

Regards.
Ktrin

Hi

I found the solution for my problem.

Thanks to all.