5248 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Superdome and hardware monitoring

Francesco Campalastri
Frequent Advisor

Superdome and hardware monitoring

Hi gurus,
talking about SD I have a PA-8800 SD and the SMS is nolonger an A class but a ProLiant (win 2k.

The HP CE people told me there is a process, on the wondows box, that every 5 minutes get info from SD.

Anyone knows what process is and what is the matter?
2 REPLIES 2
marie-noelle jeanson_1
Trusted Contributor

Re: Superdome and hardware monitoring

Francesco,

Just a try, I do not know too much here. Could it have anything to do with this: http://docs.hp.com/en/A5201-96038-en/apas01.html

Marie-Noelle
Stefan Stechemesser
Honored Contributor

Re: Superdome and hardware monitoring

Hi Francesco,

hm, I would suggest to ask the HP CE who gave you this information ;-)

There are two tools on the PC-SMS that aquire information from the Superdome GSP, but they have to be configured to run.

1.) Console Logger
Logs output of the console of all partitions to
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\EIT\var\log\

2.) IPMI Chassis Log aquirer
Logs to the same directory, ipmifpl_{SYSNAME}_{n}.log can be decoded with C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\EIT\opt\bin\slview

I'm currently not aware of any good documentation of these tools. I will post it here later if I find something ...

Before enabling these services, you have to set the IPMI password on the GSP with the "so" command and enable IPMI access with the "sa" command.

Then you have to encrypt this IPMI password on the SMS with

c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\EIT\opt\bin\encryptpasswd.exe

and enter the correct GSP IP Address and encrypted password in the Files

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\EIT\var\config\conslogd.cfg

and

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\EIT\var\config\ipmiacqd.cfg

After that you should be able to start both services on the PC-SMS from Start Menu->Administrative Tools -> Services

Although the GSP itself also stores both the Chassis Logs and the last 1024 lines of each console, these tools might be helpful if your Superdome will run into trouble (which of cause is not very probable ;-)

I hope this helps a litte bit.

best regards

Stefan