108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

System Event log

SOLVED
Go to solution
beastyarny
Occasional Advisor

Re: System Event log

I have replaced power cable for power supply 1...and got a message in system event log that A/C power supply is restored, but system led still blinking red.
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi,

first verify the psu's are both ok, login to the MP and issue the ps command to see the state of the PSU's and fans installed.

Also check the front of the PSU's for the green light illuminating.

You may be able to clear the red led by reading the system logs in the MP if the problem has been solved.

Then find out if the cable has gone bad or unplugged. To make sure it doesnt happen again.

Andy
beastyarny
Occasional Advisor

to Andrew Rutter:

i have checked psu unit status by ps command...all power supply units and funs are ok...previously i have "Power supply 1 : A/C disconnected or out of range." I have read system events log, then clear all logs, but system led still red.
S_Logan
HPE Pro

Hi,

Please Power cycle the system and check the SYSTEM LED Status?

Please make sure that the system is running with latest firmware.

HTH,
Surendar

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
beastyarny
Occasional Advisor

hi,
after power cycle, system led became green. thanks a lot to all.
S_Logan
HPE Pro

Hi ,

Good to hear that!

Regards,
Surendar
Note: If you are the author of this question and wish to assign points to any of the answers, please login and assign points.
For more information on assigning points ,click here :
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]