5808 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: T600 Failing on POST

Adey
Advisor

T600 Failing on POST

I have a T600 which is failing on POST.

The SP Card has the CK 1 LED lit and has A4 on the LED display.

The A4 code seems to decode as:

Analog test failed (D/A 4)

Am I looking at a SP / PSCM Failure.

Any help would be much appreciated

A Whitby
5 REPLIES 5
Jim Thomas_5
Advisor

Kinda depends on whether or not the Selftest LED is lit or not. I am assuming it is lit because, when lit, the Hex Display code of A4 DOES seem to indicate a Self Test failure for one of the PSCM D/A converters. In this case fix would appear to be a new SP board. A Service Call appears to be in order.
Adey
Advisor

I've been told by someone that the T600 is no longer supported by HP, is this true.

Because of this we managed to get hold of a replacement SP Card.

The server gets further through it's selftests (looks like original card was faulty) but it still brings up the Stop light and logs errors in the SP Logs.

On viewing the Early errors I get the following, See attached....

Obviously the system is not happy, could it be a problem with the SP card that has been installed.

Regards

A Whitby
Joshua Scott
Honored Contributor

Make sure that all the necessary power module slots are filled. also, make sure that the LAN/Console board is in slot 11-12.

Josh
What are the chances...
Adey
Advisor

Nothings changed configuration wise. The server fell over a couple of weeks ago with one of the +5V Modules failing, I had a spare so that was replaced, then I had the problems with the SP Card.

I've now changed that but I'm now getting the strange config errors.
timmy b.
Honored Contributor

I believe the support end date for an A3329A is 31Dec2005.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand Binary, and those who don't.