108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: UPS for rp2470 fitting in E25 rack

SOLVED
Go to solution
Steve Boniwell
Frequent Advisor

UPS for rp2470 fitting in E25 rack

I need to swap an old PowerTrust II UPS (A1354A) that is now off support, for a current R3000 XR (AF414A). Neither HP or the local distributor can confirm that the new UPS will fit into the E25 rack that holds the rp2470 and old UPS. Info on racks and rails seems to be difficult to find on docs.hp.com which is my usual ultimate support point. Can anyone help ?
One man's magic..............
4 REPLIES 4
Luk Vandenbussche
Honored Contributor

Here you find the specs.

There is a link mentioned in it to check the compatibility (www.hp.com/ups) which is unavailable.

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/10671_div/10671_div.html#Technical%20Specifications

I configured it with salesbuilder (HP tool) and it accepted the ups in a E-rack.
So i think it is compatibel.
Steve Boniwell
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Luk,
I looked at Quickspecs earlier but they did not give me a definitive answer. Your config experiment with Salesbuilder is a bright idea and I will hope that it works although HP sales implied that the E25 is now an obsolete product when asked.

Anyone else got any thoughts.

Cheers,

Steve
One man's magic..............
Mike Shilladay
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Steve,

I have configured a rp2450 an R3000 in an E33 rack. This was some time ago. More upto date was 18 months ago I installed two R3000 UPS's into a graphite coloured E33 rack with 2 rx2620 Integrity Servers. If I can find the docs I will let you know, this is current and fits into the rack. There are shipped with the UPS two racking fixing packs(The nuts and screws) one is for the 10000 type rack, the other is for the E racks. It is fairly straight forword unless HP have changed the kit contents from that of 18 months ago.

The colour of the rack has no bearing on what you can put in it a far as I am aware - it is merely cosmetic.

Hope this helps,

Mike.
Mike Shilladay
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Steve,

At last I have found the installation instructions for you and that took some doing! I have compared it to the previous version (HP Part Number J4367A), it appears to no longer contain the clipnuts and M5 Torx screws which is the important bit for E racks. All the rest is the same, so will fit in an E rack. However, you should be able to purchase these sundry items from your local hardware store, or failing that try a 2nd User vendor for these items. If you need a visual picture I can get a picture, but not immeadiately.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00685490/c00685490.pdf