HPE 9000 and HPE e3000 Servers
1752782 Members
6392 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Using L class slider rackmount kit (A5556A), in old style A189XA cabinet.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Geoff Brown
Frequent Advisor

Using L class slider rackmount kit (A5556A), in old style A189XA cabinet.

Has anyone tried this(without the stand-off blocks), & can you tell me if it worked OK?
Thanks
Geoff
4 REPLIES 4
Bernhard Mueller
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Using L class slider rackmount kit (A5556A), in old style A189XA cabinet.

Geoff,

I am not sure about what the A189XA cabinet is, but I guess it is the one before we had the current "surestore E" racks?

Those racks have a more beige than grey color and straigt filler panels. The black inner vertical rails are flush mounted, not offset to the outside. Therefore you do not use the spacers to mount the slider rails to the front rails. Instead they hook directly into the inner vertical rack rail.

So the answer is yes. (And I hope my explanation was understandable....)

Regards,
Bernhard
Ted Buis
Honored Contributor

I don'y know about the A5556A but the part number for the L-class/rp54XX systems rack kit for the A189xA cabinet is the A5562A. Since there is no reference to the it being a slider rail kit, I doubt that it is. If you somehow do manage to get the L-class in a slider rail into the A189xA cabinet, please be careful to add enough ballast in the bottem or some stabilizing feet for the front and rear so that you don't create a hazard of the rack tipping over.
Mom 6
Geoff Brown
Frequent Advisor

Ted,
The A5562A rackmount for A189xA cabinets is a fixed rail.
The old cabinets do have the pull-out stabilisers at the bottom, but a ballast kit is definitely worth thinking about (as with the rackmount D class).
Geoff
Bernhard Mueller
Honored Contributor

Geoff,

just to confirm and avoid confusion: A5556A is the rackmount kit used for rp54xx and rx5670 machines in the current "Racksystem E" and it is "backward compatible" for the predecessor rack system.

Regards,
Bernhard