HPE EVA Storage
1752777 Members
6028 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

alert mechanism for evaperf and storage controller log in heavy SAN storage replication (CA)

SOLVED
Go to solution
apple
Super Advisor

alert mechanism for evaperf and storage controller log in heavy SAN storage replication (CA)

Dear All,
we are running on synch replication using HP CA on DWDM (FC) link of 1GB.
A lot of applications added to replication group and one incident recently cause the replication to be very very slow, latency was high, from storage log it show excessive ping to the remote storage etc and affect our application severely. upon unplug and re-plug in back the FC cable going to cisco dwdm box, the connection come back to normal (healthy latency, no excessive ping reported on the storage) and we run the replication in async instead of sync (sync is very sensitive to delay of replicating to remote storage).
we found evaperf is very valuable tool to monitor latency. how do we alert the evaperf round trip delay to email? and how to send alert of HP EVA storage controller log to email also? currently our SAN storage monitoring tool is not robust and we are not able to proactively monitor the health of our SAN.
Would really appreciate your feedback on this. Many thanks in advance.
1 REPLY 1
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: alert mechanism for evaperf and storage controller log in heavy SAN storage replication (CA)

The latest versions of Command View (9.2 and 9.2.1) have some ability to send warnings via email.

As far as EVAperf data, there's HP Storage Essentials Performance Edition software https://h10078.www1.hp.com/cda/hpms/display/main/hpms_content.jsp?zn=bto&cp=1-11-271-273^43853_4000_100__&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN . I see there is now 60-day trial software.

I'm not aware of anything *else* that would look at EVAperf data. Perhaps a Perl script?

-----
If you like getting answers, all your respondents (present *and* past) like getting points!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo