4207 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA3000 - Can not access 'command view area'

Victor Semaska_3
Esteemed Contributor

EVA3000 - Can not access 'command view area'

Greetings,

We've had a disk drive fail in our EVA3000 and the ISEE sent e-mail about it. When I try to get into the 'command view area' with my IE browser I get the message:

HTTP: Status 404, Not Found
User:0234
Group: adminitrator
Request: /command_view_eva

Does anyone have an idea what's wrong?

Thanks,
Vic
There are 10 kinds of people, one that understands binary and one that doesn't.
7 REPLIES 7
Paul Henderson_2
Frequent Advisor

Can you get to the Storage Management Appliance? Do you get the default page with "Devices", "Tools", etc?

If so, then the command view eva software is not installed properly.

Also, check if popups are disabled in your browser, because command view will popup a set of popups before starting up.
Ian Vaughan
Honored Contributor

Howdy,
I've had this every so often - reboot is usually first step.

Do you have multiple NIC's in your Management server? Sometimes it seems that multiple IP addresses confuses the CV EVA app.

HTH
Ian
Hope that helps - please click "Thumbs up" for Kudos if it does
## ---------------------------------------------------------------------------##
Which is the only cheese that is made backwards?
Edam!
Tweets: @2techie4me
Paul Henderson_2
Frequent Advisor

Yes, the management appliance has multiple physical NICs, but only one is configured and in use.

Sounds like a reload of Command View is in order. I'd recommend using the latest release if you have access to it.
Ruslan
Respected Contributor

Paul you wrong about latest version of CV... CV EVA version depend on firmware of VCS. For 3028 and above only 4.x and higher versions should be installed.
Victor Semaska_3
Esteemed Contributor

Paul,

Sorry for the delay in replying, been busy.

I get to the Storage Management Appliance.
I click on 'Devices'.
I click on 'command view eva'.
The dialog box 'Security Alert' pops up.
I click on 'Yes'
Then the error.

Something weird is going on. Waited a few hours, tried it again, and it worked.

Tried it just now, got all the way thru the 'Security Alert' box and now it gets stuck with the message:

A command is in progress on this management agent. You must wait for the outstanding command to complete before performing another action . . .

That never completes.

Ian,

I've tried rebooting a few times, doesn't help. There's only one NIC in the server that's in use.

Support was here back on June 11th to install the latest firmware/software of everything on the EVA (SAN appliance, HSVs, and disks). Everything worked OK until this week. The 'command view eva' is 4.1.2.2.

Vic

Paul Henderson_2
Frequent Advisor

After the "Security Error: Domain Name Mismatch" popup, the underlying browser window should display the "HSV Storage Network Properties" page.

If it doesn't display, it may be for lack of memory (since sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't), or the web server on the appliance is sending commands to your browser that are not understood by your browser. Also, make sure you set your browser to allow popups from secure sites.

Did HP service also update IE? Old versions of IE may not have the CGI interpreter or java rev that CV requires. Have you tried this on any other browser?

I noticed the same thing happening when CV was updated but I was running an outdated Mozilla on Linux. An update of mozilla solved the problem.

My suggestion would be to: 1) try it another browser 2) download the latest IE bits and try again.

If that fails, the next thing I'd do is reload the CV software.
Victor Semaska_3
Esteemed Contributor

HP service didn't update IE on the SAN Appliance, it's V5! I updated IE to the latest version of IE6 on my PC and tried it but the problem persists.

At this point I'm going to contact service about this. Thanks for everyone's help.

Vic