HPE EVA Storage
1747985 Members
5039 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Strogeworks X1600 24 TB SATA - Help Needed..

razi_1
Advisor

HP Strogeworks X1600 24 TB SATA - Help Needed..

hi all,

i just purchased this for my company:

- it appear than i dont see any software for san management being provided by HP. we have to use microsoft sans manager instead. last time when i setup DELL PS4000, their software is pretty slick.. does HP has this? do i need to buy it? what is the software name and purchase page link?

- im worried without the software i will face failure since this storage will become centralized disk for multiple servers that mixed between windows and linux OS. i think thin provisioning is really important for this setup.

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

What is the name of the Software are you looking for?

The x1600 runs Windows Storage Server, has the HP Automated Storage Manager installed on it and supports iSCSI, CIFS, SMB, NFS, HTTP, FTP, etc.

You don't need special software to configure local storage on a Windows Server.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
razi_1
Advisor

hi thanks..

i haven't start installing this..so not sure about the software installed on it. but we also ordered x1400 together and has finished installing it.

HP automated storage manager was not installed on the x1400..that worries me since we need thin provisioning on x1600.

where do i get this software if it wasn't installed?
K S Sunil Iyer

Hi Razi,
Any X1000 series box you buy, will definetly have HP automated Storage Manager Pre-installed. You can verify the same by checking C:\Program Files\HP\HP All-in-One Storage Manager folder. If all components are extracted, then it means it is installed. If folder is empty or not exsiting then you can navigate to C:\hpnas\Components\ASM folder and run ASMUpdate.exe. If you don't find either of them, then you can go to Business Support center link and download the same : http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=MTX-422eb3de3066443797c1eebad5&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=3954714 .