1753789 Members
7486 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MPIO with EVA GL and XL

Patti T
Advisor

MPIO with EVA GL and XL

We have both EVA3000s and EVA6000s in our environment. We have upgraded one of our EVA3000s to VCS 4.004 and the EVA6000 is at XCS 6.0. If a server had drives presented from each EVA, would I have to load the two different MPIO packages? One for the GL and one for the XL? Will we ever be able to use just one MPIO package for both EVAs?
If we have to load both MPIO packages, is there a preferred load order?

Thanks,

Patti
2 REPLIES 2
The Spartan
Trusted Contributor

Re: MPIO with EVA GL and XL

Hey patti,

If you are using any A/A fmware MPIO advanced avaialble at hp.com should do the job for a windows for the EVAs 3k and 5k.

Regds.
If you are keen to win, you should be willing to lose.
Urban Petry
Valued Contributor

Re: MPIO with EVA GL and XL

No, this is (unfortunately) not true - at least for the windows platform. There are two different MPIO packages for EVA 3000/5000 active/active and EVA 4000/6000/8000 (active-active from the beginning), which contain completely different drivers, install into different directories, have different eventlog sources etc. So right now you have to install both driver packages - only HP knows whether they will unify the drivers some time in the fututre.
I don't know anything about load order gotchas, I would just try to keep the versions as closely as possible (regarding the release time of the packages).

Urban