1748165 Members
3860 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Upgrade Firmware 6.2.0d in 8/20q Switch

Matthew Murdock
Valued Contributor

Upgrade Firmware 6.2.0d in 8/20q Switch

The RNID of the switch as seen with web tools is slkwrm 300. Supposedly I have a HP 8/20q switch and I want to upgrade the firmware to latest levels.

From HP download for H-Series Switches, its version 8.0.14.08.

The Switch has 6.2.0d

Something doesnt seem right. What firmware is for the 8/20q switch with 8 Ports active, and how to go about getting it.

2 REPLIES 2
Cali
Honored Contributor

Please look at the Label or Tag for the Part Number.

slkwrm 300 should be a Brocade Switch, but the HP 8/20q  is a Qlogic Switch.

With the Part# you can find the right Firmware under Downloads.

At the Brocade there is a Tag that you can pull out on the Left down side.

H-Series Switches Firmware is the wrong.

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

If you are seeing a firmware version of form N.N.Na, where "a" is an optional sub-version letter, you are looking at a Brocade switch.
The H series are going to have versions of N.N.N.N.N, and have been 8.0.N.N.N for at least a couple years now.

The Brocade switch firmware bundles are comprehensive, handling every model of switch capabile of running that version. Looking in SPOCK, the B-Series_FC_Switch_Connectivity_Stream PDF shows a lot of part numbers for switches that use 6.3.2d onward. (6.2.0d no longer shows as a supported version)
Being comprehensive bundles, pick a part number. From what you describe, your switch sounds like a AM866A. Go to hp.com, support, download drivers, and put in AM866A as the part number. Then search for the link to the firmware page ("OS Independent").

You have 6.2.0d. You will need the Zip files for 6.3.latest, 6.4.latest, 7.0.latest, 7.1.latest, 7.2.latest, and 7.3.latest.
You will need to unzip each, and you will need an FTP server so the switch can download the firmware. If you don't have an FTP server, the smallest I've found for Windows is "FTPDMIN: Simple ad-hoc file transfer Windows FTP server".

That should get you started.

Note: While I work for HP, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company.
----------
If my post was useful, click on my KUDOS! "White Star" !

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo