HPE OneView
1752273 Members
4399 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 60 day advanced license missing with new appliance; SUT on Centos 7?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Glenn77
Occasional Contributor

60 day advanced license missing with new appliance; SUT on Centos 7?

I'm new to One View but was told to try it out and a 60 day advanced license would be automatically installed with the new appliance.  No such luck.  Am I missing something or is the 60 day advanced license a mis-statement?  An email to licensing support helpfully resulted in the suggestion to go back to the download page, but there is no license I could find there.

Anyone had luck running SUT (for ESXi) on Centos 7 in place of RHEL ?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

The evaluation license is already included within the appliance.  You will see a warning indicating not enough licenses, but will stop any functionality after 60-days have concluded.  It is enforced today via the EULA.

As for HPSUT and CentOS, we don't officially support CentOS with HPSUT.  I have heard people use it with varying success.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Glenn77
Occasional Contributor

More details - when I go to Settings > Licenses it shows that one server needs a license (I'm trying this with an enclosure that just has one server).  When I go to Server Hardware under the utilization I get the message "This server hardware was configured to use an HPE OneView license with iLO Advanced. To view utilization, add an HPE OneView with iLO Advanced license key to the appliance which will automatically license the server hardware for HPE OneView and the iLO with iLO Advanced"

So it seems as if it does not recognize that it has the license?

FWIW - I did change the appliance name when installing, perhaps that breaks the evaluation license?

Thanks

Glenn

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

No, renaming an appliance does not impact license assignment. The message you see is what you will get when you have no license on the appliance, and are even operating in "eval" mode. In order to view Server CPU, Thermal and power utilization, it requires an iLO Advanced license. That can be obtained either with the HPE OneView Advanced license or buying it separately (ala cart or another iLO Advanced license mechanism).

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo