HPE OneView
1752788 Members
6191 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Adding a G6 with ILO 2 to Oneview 4.1?

BhaskarV
Trusted Contributor

All,
Apologize for the delay in responding on this.
We acknowledge this issue you have reported with not being able to add a Gen6 iLO2 v2.33 to OneView for monitoring.
This issue is fixed in OneView 4.10.05.
You will be able to add a Gen6 iLO2 v2.33 server to OneView 4.10.05 for monitoring.
The same problem exists with OneView 4.20 GA. A similar fix is being looked at.

Regards,
Bhaskar

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

David Kobler
Advisor

Still is broke.  I went as far as reseting everying to default, including my entire oneview environment, and it still does not work.  Would HPE be so kind to provide a step by step procedure that has been verified to work?

Gamut
Frequent Advisor

I share the conclusion of @David Kobler : still broken for me after updating to firmware 4.10.05-0388839.

BhaskarV
Trusted Contributor

Hi

Sorry about this.

Nothing special as procedure to add these. We just used Add Server Hardware and provided the IP address.
It took 6+ minutes to add the DL server Gen6 iLO2 to get added (due to the slower cipher) but did get added.
Tried with 3 different servers.

Our team re-verified this today with the same exact version / build number just to be sure. i.e. 4.10.05-388839. 

Can you help here by creating a support case with the support dump from your setup where this failed?
We can then see what has failed with adding these servers in your environment and see what corrective steps need to be put in place (e.g. timeout increase or something else).

So would really help us move forward if any of you running to this can create a support case with the support dump.

Regards,
Bhaskar

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Gamut
Frequent Advisor

Hi @BhaskarV ,

Question: Can I create a support case even though we only use "monitoring" (i.e. we don't pay for management)?

I confirm the 6+ minutes, although I use a refresh to do it (I don't want to "lose" the server). Yet, the alarm "Unable to configure SNMP settings on the server iLO, which are required by the appliance for server management." persists.

But once I dared to remove the server from OneView and then actually add the server (the way you do it), it does work. I mean: no locked events.

So the update may yet have fixed my issues though...

mwf369
Regular Visitor

After updating to OneView 4.10.05, I can now report SUCCESS in adding Gen 6 servers to OneView for monitoring.

Thanks for the response, Bhaskar.

BhaskarV
Trusted Contributor

Thanks @mwf369 for trying 4.10.05 out.

Hi @Gamut 

Sorry about the delay. 
You should be able to get a support case opened as long as you provide the serial number of the server.
As this is a product defect, you can reference this thread.
Let us know if you are running into issues.

From your post I understand you are able to add a server for monitoring (fresh addition) whereas there is a persistent  alert related to SNMP on a server/servers that you had already added previously. Do mention this in the case so it gets looked at appropriately. 

Regards,
Bhaskar

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

David Kobler
Advisor

Did more testing on my end.  It seems that I am unable to add servers/ilo2 that are using a 2048 bit cert.  So far I have been able to add all servers I have downgraded to a 1024 bit cert.

Haithem
HPE Pro

reenable TLS1 to support ILO2:

you can issue this REST call to OneView appliance :

GET https://{appl}/rest/security-standards/protocols

To confirm that TLSv1 is disabled.

Then

PUT https://{appl}/rest/security-standards/protocols  

Content-Type: application/json
[
{
"type":"ProtocolV1",
"protocolName":"TLSv1",
"enabled":true
},
{
"protocolName":"TLSv1.1",
},
{
"protocolName":"TLSv1.2",
}
]

Please note that this call will trigger an Oneview Reboot. 

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

AdminMSK
Advisor

Is there a similar solution for HP OneView 6.0? The specified paths do not exist in this version.