HPE OneView
1752282 Members
4966 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Any plans to add iLO Amp pack in OneView?

cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

Any plans to add iLO Amp pack in OneView?

Maybe wishful thinking, but i know a while back HPE added remote support to OneView, Any chance they will do a similar thing with iLO Amplifier Pack?

Just seems weird that we have 2 different programs made by HPE that do similar functions, not all built in to 1 product?

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Thanks for your post here.  While I cannot talk about specifics on a public forum (there are rules we have to abide by when discussing unannounced projects/produces/releases), we can certainly talk about requirements and input here.

What specifically are you looking for?  What within iLO Amplifier Pack would you prefer to see within OneView?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

There wasn't 1 in thing in particular. For instance, i believe you need iLO Amp Pack to properly use infosight on servers.

Why isn't that a part of OneView?

SANJAY MUNDHRA
HPE Pro

Refer the link mentioned, some new capabalities have been added to OneView 5.30, it can send data to Infosight now

HPE InfoSight for Servers expands across the portfolio with new enhancements for infrastructure ops

Cheers,
Sanjay Mundhra
I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

AmRa
HPE Pro

HPE OneView and HPE InfoSightoneviewwithinfosight.jpg

The diagram above shows how HPE OneView and HPE InfoSight function together. HPE InfoSight brings simplified, AI-driven operations to transform how infrastructure is managed and supported whereas HPE OneView is a management platform that provides a unified interface for the administration of software-defined systems in the datacentre.

Please refer below link to know more about  HPE OneView and HPE InfoSight function

https://community.hpe.com/t5/around-the-storage-block/what-s-the-difference-between-vrealize-operations-oneview-and/ba-p/7032183#.XxF3VCgzaUk

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

I am the WWPM that is responsible for our analytics functionalities within OneView.  We just released OneVIew 5.30 this past Monday.  We also shared this vision and announced a public tech preview of our HPE OneView Analytics Powered by INfoSight program at Discover.  You can watch the demo reply for free:

1. Go to the HPE Discover Virtual Event home page.
  2. CLick on the ATTEND NOW button.
  3. You will need to create a new, free account and then log in.
  4. Select DEMOS on the right navigation.
  5. Search for OneView.  The Demo Session ID is D237, which you can also search for.

Within that demo will be a QR code to a survey.  You can fill it out, and submit that registration request.  We will then process it as we add more customers to the list.

No, HPE OneView Analytics will not require iLO Amplifier Pack for any analytics today.  Feel free to ask more questions here in the forum, and I will answer them were I can.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo