HPE OneView
1748210 Members
2991 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Assigning a second IP address to the OneView appliance?

SOLVED
Go to solution
vx_it
Advisor

Assigning a second IP address to the OneView appliance?

I am testing HPE OneView to prepare us for transitioning to it from HPE SIM, and I need the OneView appliance (deployed as an ESXi image) to be able to see the ILO interfaces on a separate subnet. 

The appliance is deployed as a VM (ESXi image), and IIRC there's no access to internal OS so I can't simply assign a second IP address like I did with HPE SIM on Windows. 

For example, if the appliance is 192.168.100.x and our servers' ILO interfaces are on 192.168.101.x - how can I make this work? 

5 REPLIES 5
vx_it
Advisor

Anyone? Still looking for a solution to this. Basically just need to be able to discover ILO interfaces in a separate subnet. 

MV3
HPE Pro

Hi 

Yes, You will be able to  discover ILO interfaces from a separate subnet.All you will have to do is to engage your networking team to check if both the subnets are talking to each other.

If these two subnets are not talking,configuration needs to be inserted on your L3 switch/router is required.

Cheers

I work for HPE.

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
vx_it
Advisor

Thanks for the info. I have two follow-up questions:

- Just to confirm, there is no way to do this kind of network configuration (adding a second IP address to the built-in NIC) from the OneView console itself, correct?

- Are there any ways for someone like me trialling HP OneView to get support from HP (via case or email), or are these forums and Googling the only options I have?

MV3
HPE Pro

Hi,

Yes , it is not poossible to add another ip to the nic.

Yes, You can raise a support case with HPE. However you will have to engage your internal network team to help  look into the communication between two subnets.

Cheers.

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
vx_it
Advisor
Solution

I solved the issue by assigning only one IP address to the OneView appliance, on the same subnet as the ILO interfaces.