5187 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Change license "Oneview Standard" to "Oneview Advanced" and State Monitored

SOLVED
Go to solution
novis75
Occasional Contributor

Change license "Oneview Standard" to "Oneview Advanced" and State Monitored to managed

Hello,

We have Oneview version "4.20.01.01".
A server has been inserted into oneview with a "Oneview Standard" license and the server is only monitored.
Today we have licenses "Oneview advanced" and we wish to have this server "managed".
Is it possible to make this change without leaving the Oneview server?

5 REPLIES 5
MV3
HPE Pro

Hi There

License assignment is automatically handled based on the following:

• If an iLO or OA embedded HPE OneView Advanced or HPE OneView Advanced without iLO Advanced license is found, the appliance will attempt to apply the license found, if the resource is added as a Managed device.
  • If no embedded license is found, then the resource will be licensed based on the intent of adding the resource and is selectable by the administrator. If the resource is a BL server, then the license intent is taken from the Enclosure itself, and discovery of the server is handled automatically based on the server inserted event.

Cheers

Iam a Hpe Employee

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
novis75
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your reply.

We currently have "OneView Advanced" licenses available and we wanted to change the license in place on our server from "OneView Standard" to "OneView Advanced". Of course, this is accompanied by a "monitored" status in "managed".

As we wanted to keep the measurement history of this server, do you think that this modification is possible without leaving the OneView server.

I tried a license change in Powershell, but this is not possible because of the "monitored" status.

E:\Powershell\AlerteOneView> Update-HPOVServerHardwareLicenseIntent -InputObject (get-hpovserver -ServerName  myServer)
Update-HPOVServerHardwareLicenseIntent : The provided server hardware resource ilo-myServer.myDomain.fr is a Monitored resource. This Cmdlet only supports Managed server
hardware.
At line:1 char:1
+ Update-HPOVServerHardwareLicenseIntent -InputObject (get-hpovserver - ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: (InputObject:PSCustomObject) [Update-HPOVServerHardwareLicenseIntent], ServerHardwareResourceException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnsupportedResourceState,Update-HPOVServerHardwareLicenseIntent

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

You ahve to remove the server from the appliance, and then add it back.  The PowerShell Cmdlet you tried to use does not change the the managed state of a server resource, only to upgrade the license from HPE OneView Advanced without iLO Advanced to an HPE OneView Advanced license.

Things have changed over our releases, and I'll have to report back to you if the database data is removed or retained when you do this operation.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Just got a response, and database clean up removed resources is +2 days after its removal.  So, if you add then server back within that timeframe, the data (events, tasks, "performance data") will be retained.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

novis75
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your reply.

So I will be able to take care of my server and keep the precious data for my manager.