HPE OneView
1748201 Members
3089 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

does remote support work if the hardware is no longer with HPE support?

cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

does remote support work if the hardware is no longer with HPE support?

Guys,

I have some servers, which the default 3 years support has expired, and in a money saving excerise we are using a 3rd party to support the hardware for failed disks etc. The question is OneView connects to remote support. Will that still work if HPE don't think the product is under support? If its no longer supported which i suspect. Can i disable remote support per host and not for everything?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: does remote support work if the hardware is no longer with HPE support?

OneView Remote Support will automatically identify if the server is still in warranty or an existing HPE support contract.  When you partner with a 3rd party to service your servers, and they are no longer in active support with HPE, OVRS will not process break/fix events.  You could explicitly disable OneView Remote Support configuration per device, by going into the server hardware inventory view, select the server, Actions then Edit Remote Support Settings.  You will be able to disable Remote support there.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

AndrewRupprecht
Occasional Collector

We have several servers where Remote Support has been disabled since the servers are being covered by a 3rd party for warrently coverage.   Once Remote Support is disabled, we start to get alerts in HPE OneView that Remote Support is disabled and we need to resolve this issue.    How can we configure HPE OneView to not alert us that Remote Support has been disabled on Servers when we know this and did it for a legitimate reason.

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @AndrewRupprecht

Thank you for posting! Since you have posted in an old topic and there is no response yet, I would recommend you to create a new topic using the create "New Discussion" button.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo